Re: [xsl] Problems with Oracle XSL processor

Subject: Re: [xsl] Problems with Oracle XSL processor
From: "Steve Muench" <Steve.Muench@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 13:32:53 +0100
Please send me offline an XML document and XSLT stylesheet that
illustrate your problem and I'll find an answer for you.

If you've created a support request with Oracle Support, please
include the reference number in the email so I can make sure
the support analyst also is kept in the loop.

I looked into an issue just yesterday where the problem
narrowed down a bug that's been fixed in the Oracle XDK for Java 10i
Release 10.1 Beta that's up on OTN (http://otn.oracle.com/tech/xml)
wherein an XSL variable assigned like:

   <xsl:variable name="x"><xsl:value-of select="tr/td[1]/@period"/></xsl:variable>

was behaving differently than a variable assigned like this:

   <xsl:variable name="x" select="tr/td[1]/@period"/>

When involved in a boolean comparison with a nodeset like this:

    <xsl:if test="col/@period = $x">

In the 9.2.0.4 Production release, the xsl variable assigned
the former way failed the test, while the variable assigned
the latter way passed the test.

In our 10.1 Beta release of the XDK, both worked as expected.

Steve Muench - Developer, Product Mgr, Java/XML Evangelist, Author
Simplify J2EE Development with the Oracle BC4J Framework
http://otn.oracle.com/products/jdev/htdocs/j2ee_bc4j.html
Building Oracle XML Apps, http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/orxmlapp