Re: [xsl] [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 14:22:12 +0100
David Carlisle wrote:

The syntax could look familiar to those who write DTDs,

That's one of my objections. this would mainly be of use for people
who have a DTD and would copy the content models from the DTD to the
Xpath,

No, this is not what people should do, and they would have no reason to. The specification of the function would not mention the acronym "DTD", as I should not have mentioned it. It helped much less than it confused.

but with your suggestion the result would be syntactically correct
but mean something completely different to its DTD meaning because of the
namespace issues.

No, not completely different; just the obvious namespace issues which are clearly specified for all XPath functions AFAIK.

Tobi

--

Vim users               donate.
http://iccf-holland.org/donate.html