Re: [xsl] [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 18:57:03 +0000
Oleg Tkachenko wrote:

Isn't schematron powerful enough in its niche? Possibility to validate dtd-like expressed content model adds no real value to schematron, whose power is in ability to express constraints that are unexpressible in dtd or schema. Take notorious cooccurence constraints as example.

I agree. That's why I think it would be an undesirable outcome. But I would like to be able to be able to do it in XPath - it might be more appropriate as XPath.

Francis.