Re: [xsl] [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model

Subject: Re: [xsl] [XPath] matching elements which satisfy a specific content model
From: Francis Norton <francis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 12:58:29 +0000
Hi David,

David Carlisle wrote:

unfortunatly it is, but uses schema syntax rather than dtd, you import a
schem which has a named complex type (essentially a named content model)
then you can match against elements with that type.

Interesting. That'll make Schematron rather more powerful - but having Tobias' proposed content-model() extension might actually move it into competition with the other Schema technologies, which is not necessarily a desirable outcome.

But I have to say that for those (like me) who will miss the simplicity and terseness of DTDs, folding it into XPath would be a great way of recycling this particular technical achievement!

Francis.

--
"Never mind manoeuvre, go straight at 'em." - Admiral Horatio Nelson