Re: [xsl] speed optimization

Subject: Re: [xsl] speed optimization
From: Daniel Veillard <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 22:39:15 +0100
On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 10:21:17PM +0100, Tobias Reif wrote:
> > The granularity is the template, not line blocks though.
> I think I'd need more details than that.

  Well, maybe Saxon's reports are more fine-grained. chaning libxslt
is of course doable, but I have plenty of stuff on my plate already
and so far nobody requested something finer-grain. For the record
gprof, the GNU profiler limits itself to the function level, and
it's good enough to spot most problems.

> > [*] --norman is an alias for this option, guess why :-)
> Norman Walsh coded or designed it?

  Not exactly :-), I used the profiling to try to improve DocBook
stylesheet processing speed, since it's used by a lot of Open Source
projects... I think I cursed Norm a few times :-)

Daniel

veillard@xxxxxxxxxx  | libxml Gnome XML XSLT toolkit  http://xmlsoft.org/