Re: [xsl] N : M transformation

Subject: Re: [xsl] N : M transformation
From: Tobias Reif <tobiasreif@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 03 Feb 2003 16:08:15 +0100
Michael Kay wrote:

> The semantics of exsl:document aren't identical to those of the
> facility implemented in Saxon 6.5.2, and I had already caused
> enough confusion with different names and definitions of the
> instruction without adding more. Also, I think that by the time it
> was specified, I had pretty well frozen the 6.x line except for bug
>  fixing.

I see. I'm looking forward to fully switching to XSLT 2.0 (rec) and Saxon 7.x (stable). Then, among many other benefits, I don't need to decide between a processor-specific extension, an unimplemented EXSLT feature, or the 1.1 draft syntax, or do feature detection, but instead rely on a W3C rec for multi document output.

> In 7.x my priority is to implement standard XSLT 2.0 features.

Can you estimate the timeframe for XSLT 2.0 to become a recommendation, and for Saxon's implementation of it to become stable? ("production level quality")

Tobi

--
http://www.pinkjuice.com/