Re: [xsl] best practice

Subject: Re: [xsl] best practice
From: florian <csshsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 10 Feb 2003 19:01:18 +0100
> are not providing too much information for a conrete solution. However
> some general ideas are:
> 1st)  You could have the stylesheet for the template document to import
> the data specific stylesheet
> and then use the "document()" function to process the data of the
> respective XML file.
> That requires that the processing of the layout and data xml ara
> performed at the same time.
> 2nd) Another approach would be to use the layout XML to generate a
> stylesheet that will
> process the data xml document.

ah! i think i just had an idea. it would be possible to just generate
two nodes in a new xml document, attach the data-xml to the first
node, and the webpage-xml to the second one..

then i could just start processing the 2nd node with xslt, which would
grab the data needed out of the first node and its children..

those that make sense? what do you guys think?

> However, I'm sure that if you give more info people will be able to
> provide more info.

like which info would be needed?

thanks alot!

ciao!