RE: [xsl] converting xsl-wd to xsl1, msxml script changes

Subject: RE: [xsl] converting xsl-wd to xsl1, msxml script changes
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 13:29:46 +0100
>I am sure there is an xsl way of doing this but this has been replaced
by
>javascript for speed.

Do you mean that you want it to be javascript or would you accept an
xslt solution for it?
A propos the javascript for speed I think Dimitre Novatchev showed that
the javascript was in fact slower in his implementation of a random
number generator for his fxsl project, although this may be just my
memory playing tricks on me.

>however it doesn't work anymore - I have several files with functions
that
>don't work.

Microsoft had a wd-xsl to xslt convertor written in(I think) xslt at one
time, however as with all automatic conversion processes the converted
xslts were less than optimal. It might be good to say what these
functions do and take it from there.