Re: [xsl] ClassCastException - main.(Process.java:209)

Subject: Re: [xsl] ClassCastException - main.(Process.java:209)
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 22:20:10 +0100
B.S.S. Prasad wrote:
I am getting an error message while transforming an xml document
using an xslt file. I am using the xalan (java) parser.
The error message is :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.xalan.res.XSLTErrorResources_ja
at org.apache.xalan.xslt.Process.main(Process.java:209)

You should look into Apache bugzilla whether this is a known problem. http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/query.cgi If not, open a new problem report for Xalan. Be sure you have the latest release.

NOTE: This error is got only when the Regional Setting is in Japnese
Not surprising, the error is caused by the class containing the
japanese ressources.

Does XSLT not support Regional settings ?

It depends what you mean. IIRC in XSLT 1.0 only format-number() deals with localization. Because there are no functions for parsing or formatting date or currency values, local settings for these don't matter.

Your problem above is more related to localized error messages.

J.Pietschmann