Re: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable cannot be resolved.

Subject: Re: xslt core and intuition was RE: [xsl] Reference to variable cannot be resolved.
From: S Woodside <sbwoodside@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 13:08:07 -0500
I'm still learning. I have a lot more trouble intuiting XPath, actually. There seems to be a lot of syntactic overload, between location steps, axes, functions, and scoping (e.g. current()/* vs. ./* )

With XSLT, one area that would be helpful to have clear for me, is more guidance on when to use variables vs. named templates. That's an area where my intuition hasn't been very helpful. Perhaps this is simply as a result of my newness to functional programming, though.

simon