RE: [xsl] OMR Mark for folding machine

Subject: RE: [xsl] OMR Mark for folding machine
From: "Michael Kay" <michael.h.kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2003 20:19:37 -0000
> Dear Dan,
>
> Was that sarcastic comment?

Yes, I think he was being sarcastic, and his sarcasm was a fair
criticism of your question. You asked for an "optimum" hardware
configuration. To optimize a hardware configuration, you need to balance
the benefit of fast performance against the cost of expensive hardware.
Since you gave no metrics indicating how much you were prepared to spend
in order to achieve high performance, your question was completely
meaningless, and you should have recognized that Dan's sarcasm was
trying to point this out to you.

Michael Kay