RE: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 00:17:27 -0000
> Thank you for you response.
> I was reading the API/Sample app for XPathEvaluator in Saxon
> 7.4 and I
> found the evaluate() method will return a List of NodeInfo.
> If I want to find out the node(s) using the xpath and then be able to
> upload the value in the .xml document, can I do that through
> NodeInfo?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by "uploading the value in the
.xml document". If you want to get access to the string-value of the
node selected by the XPath expression, you can do this using the method
getStringValue() on the NodeInfo object.

> If not, is there a way that I can construct a DOM Node object
> based on the NodeInfo?

Saxon comes with three tree implementations: the standard tree, the tiny
tree, and the JDOM tree. In the first two, the implementation of
NodeInfo also implements the DOM Node interface, so you can cast the
NodeInfo to a Node.

Michael Kay
Software AG
home: Michael.H.Kay@xxxxxxxxxxxx