RE: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?

Subject: RE: [xsl] XPathEvaluator in SAXON?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 04:29:55 -0000
> What I was looking for is some class that takes in a Docment
> object and
> a XPathExpress object, then evaluate the document against the
> xpath and
> then return a collection of matching Node objects, sothat I
> can change
> the value of the nodes and save them back to the document file.

Saxon's two native tree implementations (the standard tree and the tiny
tree) are both read-only - they are designed for XSLT processing, where
node-level updates are not a requirement, and making the structures
read-only allows higher XSLT performance.

The only mutable tree structure that Saxon supports is the JDOM
structure.

I believe that some Saxon users have written drivers that allow Saxon to
be used with third-party DOM implementations, but there's no such driver
included with the product.

> Great, but how do I specify which implementaion to use?

In the case of JDOM, you build the tree using JDOM interfaces.

In the case of Saxon's two tree implementations, you can control it
using a property of the TransformerFactory.

Michael Kay