Re[2]: [xsl] CDATA - Can I have XML ?

Subject: Re[2]: [xsl] CDATA - Can I have XML ?
From: "Michael R. Hahn" <sgml.xml@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 2003 16:54:40 -0500
Hi, Wendell:

WP> On the other hand, I can imagine there might be scenarios where
WP> this wouldn't seem worth the trouble. Much depends on your
WP> operational requirements.

WP> I'd also like to hear what others think on this one.

Requirements, requirements, requirements...

I worked on a project where the required outputs were print, HTML, and
text e-mail, so the mdash entity (for instance) might have different
representations in different output products.  Using the numeric code
for an em dash would mean an extra (non-XML-processor-controlled) step
to convert the code to our friend the ASCII em dash (--) instead of an
(XML-processor-controlled) mapping of the entity to a representation.

But why do I think I'm preachin' to the choir?