RE: [xsl] xpath question

Subject: RE: [xsl] xpath question
From: "Bryan Archer" <barcher@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 13:32:03 -0000
A very strange structure if you don't mind me saying!

If you assume that the description nodes are in the same order as the equivalent column nodes
(which in your example is not the case!!) :

<xsl:template match="column">
	<xsl:variable name="pos" select="position()" />

	<xsl:for-each select="key('groupKey', @name)">
		<xsl:value-of select="/root/descriptions/description[$position()]" />
      </xsl:for-each>

</xsl:template>

It is not obvious in your example how the description elements relate to the column
elements other than the fact they have the same fruit...!?!

A far better structure might be:
<root>
 ..
  <order>
     <column name="orange" description="this is an orange"/>
     <column name="apple"  description="this is an apple"/>
   </order>
 ..
</root>

Bryan