Re: [xsl] How to use an xml Element in xsl JavaScript?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to use an xml Element in xsl JavaScript?
From: "bix xslt" <bix_xslt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 22:51:20 +0000
From: John Barden <jb@xxxxxxxx>
how can I use a xml Element in a xsl Javascript? I tried it like this:

<script language="JavaScript">
<xsl:comment>
<![CDATA[
test = "<xsl:value-of select="document('../test.xml')/test/data/id"/>";
]]>
</xsl:comment>
</script>

John, I THINK that what you want to do is something like this:

<script language="Javascript">
 <![CDATA[ test = "]]>
   <xsl:value-of select="document('../test.xml')/test/data/id"/>
 <![CDATA[";]]>
</script>

If you want to get a 'value' of an xsl element, it needs to be outside of the CDATA elements; the CDATA is merely a mechanism for telling the xslt processor to ignore the constructs that appear to be xml elements as opposed to being 'data'.

Hope that helps!
bix