[xsl] XSL to XSLT conversion issue

Subject: [xsl] XSL to XSLT conversion issue
From: Jim Hart <jhart@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 15:20:02 -0400
I want to convert:

[ index() $gt$ context()!index() ]

to something equivalent in XSLT. In MSXML docs, it says that context() is equivalent to context(-1). At topxml it says that current() in XSLT is equivalent to context(-1) in XSL. I know I can use > in place of $gt$ and position() in place of index(). However, there's no equivalent for the "bang operator" (!) and position() won't take an argument. So, I can't figure out how to get the position() of current().

There may be a different way to program the whole problem, but I'm trying to do an automated conversion of XSL stylesheets to XSLT, so I need to find a reasonably context-free way of converting, if possible.

Jim Hart, Project Manager
Academic Technology Services
Library and Information Services
Bates College