Re: AW: [xsl] WG: frames?

Subject: Re: AW: [xsl] WG: frames?
From: Markus Spath <mspath@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 14:49:30 +0200
Anton Wardaschko (PA) wrote:

OK i have read this and it work, but this is not exact, what i wish and it explains not really the questions which i have. (or i'm blind at the moment). Perhaps you can answer them:

1. If i wisch to add the frameset file as a template to the xsl Stylesheet, so from which template of Norm's Stylesheets have i call my own frameset-template file.

2. This framset-template must be automatically chunked, how can i chunk my own templates in separate files?

3. I need in the navigation frame only the toc, not all of the templetes (headers, footnotenavigation), how can i get only the toc in one file. And in the main file there schould be no link to the toc at the navigation at the bottom of chunked files.

just a starter:

usually a good idea when you want to customize the doocbook stylesheets is to start with a customization layer importing one of the available ones, in your case html/chunk.xsl, which you call for your transformation.

--
<?xml version='1.0'?>
<xsl:stylesheet ...>

<xsl:import href="{path}/html/chunk.xsl"/>

</xsl:stylesheet>
---

in there, you can change the default behaviour by setting parameters
- e.g.: <xsl:param name="chunk.section.depth" select="2" /> will produce chunks at sect1 and sect2 elements

or by defining / refining existing templates
- e.g.: <xsl:template name="header.navigation" /> will supress the header navigation.

have a second look at bob staytons tutorial, most parameters are nicely listed there.

if you want your frameset be automatically constructed you probably have to have a look at chunk.xsl, find an appropriate top-level template, copy it to your customization layer and add what you need.

sorry i can't be of any more help,
markus