[xsl] Newline problems

Subject: [xsl] Newline problems
From: "Vishwajit Pantvaidya" <pantvaidya@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 01 May 2003 11:04:27 -0700
I am using xalan for xml to xml transformation. Input xml string
has some DOS carriage return and/or line feeds introduced by the source
application. The source xml string that I was trying to transform is like (exactly as is, including newlines)

<!DOCTYPE ABC [
]><ABC>
<attr>
value</attr>
</ABC>

i.e. the newline was probably getting included in the value of the element "attr". Would such newlines yield the empty output xml I was getting? Xsl-strip space did not help. Finally, I had to write java code to strip the newlines from the source xml and then I started getting output xml correctly.

Our xsl is like

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>
<xsl:transform xmlns:xsl = "http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform";
version = "1.0">
<xsl:template match = "ABC">
<xsl:text disable-output-escaping="yes">&lt;!DOCTYPE
OrderProcessing&gt;</xsl:text>
<xsl:template mode = "Attribs" match = "ctrInfo">
	      <xsl:element name="ADDR">
		<xsl:value-of select="attribute/atomicValue[../name='ADDR']"/>
	      </xsl:element>

Please help...

- Vishwajit.