RE: [xsl] Perpetuating xsl instructions

Subject: RE: [xsl] Perpetuating xsl instructions
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 02:03:17 +0100

> I need to copy doc1.xml's contents and append them to the
> bottom of master.xsl (in effect, master.xsl is outputting to
> itself, each time growing as more and more xml documents are
> appended to it).

It's not a normal programming pattern to modify a program as a result of
running it. You can probably achieve this if you are determined. But we
would all like to know what unusual requirement has caused you to come
up with this unusual design approach, and so far you haven't told us.
You just keep saying that this is the way you want to solve your
problem, without telling us what your problem is.

Michael Kay