Re: [xsl] keep-together weighting

Subject: Re: [xsl] keep-together weighting
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 19:53:17 +0200
Anders Svensson wrote:
does anyone here know how to weight keep-together restraints against one
another? I.e. if I have a keep-together.within-page on a table-row, a table
and a "section" I want to be able to give them different priority so that the
table-row is absolute (value="always"), must not be broken, the table is
second and the section third, but should still be kept together whenever
possible. I read that you could do this by giving integer values, but what
values? I.e. what is the allowed span? Is i 0-10 or 0-100 or what? Does the
maximum integer value equal "always"?

The spec is your friend: http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice7.html#keep-together Higher numbers are stronger conditions than lower numbers, and "always" is stronger than any number, according to http://www.w3.org/TR/xsl/slice4.html#keepbreak There doesn't seem to be a specific range if integers, inparticular both positive and negative integers may be allowed. A specific implementation however certainly will impose a lowest and a highest number.

J.Pietschmann