Re: [xsl] Maintaining character entities

Subject: Re: [xsl] Maintaining character entities
From: Paul Tremblay <phthenry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 17:26:21 -0400
Are you sure you are viewing you result document in an editor that
supports uicode? I know I had the same problem, and I thought xsltproc
was broken. But xalan may be outputting the entities as true unicode
charactes. Your editor may be set for Latin-1 encoding, and will read
the first byte of the unicode character and produce the strange
results you posted below.

I fixed the problem when I upgraded my editor to support unicode. Once
I set the encoding to utf-8, the strange results went away.

Paul