Re: [xsl] Axis order and variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Axis order and variables
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:01:37 +0100
>         <xsl:variable name="x" select="ancestor::x"/>
>         <xsl:value-of select="$x[1]/@n"/>

> What is the expected result? Is it "1" or "2"?

  I think this is pretty clear. The ancestor:: axis is a reverse
  axis (the first ancestor of a node is its parent), therefore
  the expected answer is 2.

The axis used to select a node set is irrelvant, if you filter a node
set with [1] (which isn't the same as using the predicate [1] in a step)
Then the node set is sorted into document order and the 1st node is
taken. If you expect 2 then the expected answer is 2, but nevertheless
you'll get 1.

David