Re: [xsl] Axis order and variables

Subject: Re: [xsl] Axis order and variables
From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 15:15:08 +0100
Ken wrote:
> Alexander Gutman wrote:
>>I have run into this question because the result of MSXML 3.0 and
>>Saxon differs from that of MSXML 4.0: the former give "1", while the
>>latter gives "2". Who is right? Or they are both right?
>
> If what you say is true, then MSXML 4.0 is not producing the result
> according to XSLT 1.0. I'm running IE6 which, I thought, was running
> MSXML 4.0 and yet I get the correct answer.

IE6 uses MSXML3 rather than MSXML4 (unless you invoke your
transformation through a script). As Alexander says, MSXML4 gives the
wrong answer. It gives the right answer if you do:

  <xsl:value-of select="(ancestor::x)[1]/@n" />

so the fact it gives the wrong answer when $x is used instead is
particularly peculiar.

Cheers,

Jeni

---