Re: [xsl] special characters

Subject: Re: [xsl] special characters
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 17:24:33 +0100
  This is wonderful. (I haven't been following XSLT 2.0 in detail, being
  under the impression that is was totally focused on data and we
  document types were going to be able to  ignore it.  Perhaps I'd
  better start reading.)

XSLT 2 appears to be based on user concerns and problems.

Apart from this character encoding feature (which is also useful in non
xml outout, eg outputting TeX commands in text output) It also has a lot
of help for grouping and of course user xslt defined portable extension
functions.

If only the same could be said for Xpath2....

David