[xsl] pulling child elements up to sibling level

Subject: [xsl] pulling child elements up to sibling level
From: "Rick Geimer" <Rick.Geimer@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 May 2003 09:28:53 -0700
Ok, It has been a while since I played around with XSLT, and my brain is a
little rusty. I can't seem to figure out how to do the following task. I
have instances where the source DTD allows markup like the following:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
      <unordered.list>
            <list.item>unordered</list.item>
            <list.item>lists</list.item>
      </unordered.list>
and
      <ordered.list>
            <list.item>ordered</list.item>
            <list.item>lists</list.item>
      </ordered.list>
embedded inside of it along with some <emphasis>formatting</emphasis>
tags</para>
</doc>

My target schema only allows lists and such as siblings of paragraphs, thus
I need to transform the document into something like this:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<doc>
<unordered.list>
      <list.item>unordered</list.item>
      <list.item>lists</list.item>
</unordered.list>
<para>and</para>
<ordered.list>
      <list.item>ordered</list.item>
      <list.item>lists</list.item>
</ordered.list>
tags</para>
</doc>

Any help would be appreciated, since my brain refuses to leave procedural
mode this morning no matter how much coffee I feed it.

Rick