RE: [xsl] setting an URIResolver - who is correct, saxon or xalan

Subject: RE: [xsl] setting an URIResolver - who is correct, saxon or xalan
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 09:05:23 +0100
In my view the spec is ambiguous in this area. The spec for
setURIResolver() on the TransformerFactory says that the URIResolver is
used for xsl:import and xsl:include; the spec for getURIResolver()
implies that it is also used for the document() function.

I have asked for the spec to be clarified in this area and I believe
that Sun are aware of the problem.

Meanwhile, setting the URIResolver on both the TransformerFactory and
the Transformer should work with every processor.

Michael Kay