Re: [xsl] "Text" Representaion of Xml in a variable

Subject: Re: [xsl] "Text" Representaion of Xml in a variable
From: David Carlisle <davidc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 12:49:07 +0100
It was far from clear from your email what you wanted to achieve.

   Hi List I have a chunk of xml:

I would have expected by "I have a chunk of xml" that you meant your
input XML was of this form, but you showed a fragment of an
msxml-specific stylesheet, is this in fact your input document and you
are doing a transformation on an XSL stylesheet, or is this fragment
part of your stylesheet acting on some unspecified source?

  I need a template to walk through the structutre of the xml element by
  element and copy each element localname Output &amplt; before and
  &ampgt; after each element, then copy across the attributes

I have no idea what you mean by "element localname Output &amplt;"
but if you really want to copy all elements with all their attributes,
that should just be  <xsl:copy-of select="$var"/> where your fragment is
stored in the variable var.

David