Re: [xsl] XML to PDF using XSL FO

Subject: Re: [xsl] XML to PDF using XSL FO
From: "J.Pietschmann" <j3322ptm@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2003 00:01:15 +0200
Venkat Gyambavantha wrote:
I am trying to generate a PDF from XML using XSL FO.
Bascially the PDF file should contain original XML as it as with all the
elements.

I used the following stylesheet, but it fails while generating PDF saying
that unexpected element (my root node from the original xml) is found.
<fo:block><xsl:copy-of select="." /></fo:block>

You'll have to include your XML as text rather than as, well, XML. One possibility is to use an XML serializer written in XML, search the list archive to find it. Another approach is to use a different tool, like a stream editor, to wrap your source XML in a CDATA (watch out if it can contain CDATA terminators itself).

J.Pietschmann