Re: [xsl] Different Colors for Alternating Rows

Subject: Re: [xsl] Different Colors for Alternating Rows
From: Kevin Jones <kjones@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 20:19:43 +0100
On Tuesday 01 July 2003 18:42, Americo Albuquerque wrote:

> > Kevin,
> >
> > This time I didn't get the error and the performance was
> > excellent (only about 6 seconds), BUT every row came out with
> > the oddStyle. Any clue what is wrong?
>
> In your <xsl:template name='copytr'> change <xsl:when test="$even=true()">
> to <xsl:when test="$even='true'"> and it might work (just in case you
> missed the line I'm writing the complete template in the end of this email)
>
> That happens because $even is bound to the value of a string attribute and
> here you are comparing its value with true, so the result will always be
> false and you'll get all oddStyle.

Americo, thanks for pointing out the error. Should learn to check code before
hacking changes in at the last minute.

Rechell, the 6 seconds actually sounds a bit slow. I clocked it at just under
1 sec on a 2.4GHz Linux setup with 6000 entries. This may indicate some
configuration problems or it may just be due to differences in input data
and/or hardware/software. Not sure if you need any better than this but I
think I mentioned the DVC equivalent is slightly quicker, 10-20% or so.

Kev.