Re: [xsl] xslt used for anything wacky?

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt used for anything wacky?
From: Mike Brown <mike@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 01:03:13 -0600 (MDT)
Lars Huttar wrote:
> Someone recently referred jokingly to using XSLT for cooking.
>
> What examples does anyone have (in real life!) of XSLT being used for unexpected
> things?
> Anyone written a game in XSLT?
> I see there's a chess game rendering web page using XSLT at
> http://members.home.nl/cws/ChessMerlinversusGenie.htm

4Suite (XML, RDF processing toolkit for Python; I am one of the developers)
comes with demos of cribbage and a 2-deck variation of solitaire, both powered
almost entirely with XSLT.  We use a random number generator via an extension
function (w/side-effects) for shuffling the cards, and user interaction is
managed through a fairly simple API that maps form data from HTTP requests to
top-level params.

The public demo page is offline at the moment, so you'll have to install the
software yourself to see it in action. http://4suite.org/