[xsl] Re: xslt used for anything wacky?

Subject: [xsl] Re: xslt used for anything wacky?
From: "Dimitre Novatchev" <dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 11:05:55 +0200
Probably you know about the XSL Calculator:

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/xslCalculator/The%20FXSL%20Calculator.html

At the time I wrote "The Functional Programming Language XSLT - A proof
through examples" (Nov. 2001):

http://www.topxml.com/xsl/articles/fp/

I just stopped short of implementing a game -- a general strategy for
playing two-party games is defined in John Hughes' article "Why functional
programming matters":

http://www.md.chalmers.se/~rjmh/Papers/whyfp.html

The reasons for this were the following:

  - that the paper had already become huge.

  - I needed a game with known position-evaluation function.

So, in case one can provide a realistic position-evaluation function for a
game (e.g. chess), then a game-playing xslt application can be developed in
a straigntforward manner.

=====
Cheers,

Dimitre Novatchev.