RE: RE: [xsl] MSXML5 suport XSLT2? [Slightly OT]

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] MSXML5 suport XSLT2? [Slightly OT]
From: "Mark Wonsil" <wonsil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 12 Jul 2003 15:05:46 -0400
owner-xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>> Now the intriguing question is, will you get X# in your
>> browser, along with XQuery/XSLT/XPath 2.0, too? ;-) And when
>> you do, how will it compare with 2.0...
>
> X#?  Forgive my ignorance, but what is that?
> Please don't tell me MS is distributing their own
> incompatible extensions
> to XML & co....
> :-/

X# is a fictitious functional programming language (so far).  Word of it
leaked out in January but Microsoft has not confirmed it:

http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,sid26_gci87
3910,00.html

Many believe that functional programming is a better model to handle XML
processing, most notable the Father of FXSL, Dimitre Novatchev here on the
list.

If you want more information on XSL and it's relationship to functional
programming, see one of his papers on SourceForge:

http://fxsl.sourceforge.net/articles/FuncProg/Functional%20Programming.html#
Introduction

See his references for links to useful information on functional programming
at the end.