RE: RE: [xsl] How to get output XML same as input XML?

Subject: RE: RE: [xsl] How to get output XML same as input XML?
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2003 09:43:56 +0100
> I am not trying to generate nodes per se, only XMl which is
> valid at the
> end, knowing that I will parse first one element and then the
> other.  I
> simply needed regular XML to be written to the output stream.

XSLT is a language that takes a tree of nodes as input and produces a
tree of nodes as output. If that's not what you want to do, then don't
use XSLT. If you think of XSLT as a language that takes source XML
(pointy brackets) as input and produces pointy brackets as output, then
you are never going to become a proficient user of the language.

Several people have told you this already and you are fighting against
the advice. But they are right.

Michael Kay