RE: [xsl] Sorting and re-ordering down a hierarchy

Subject: RE: [xsl] Sorting and re-ordering down a hierarchy
From: "Ragulf Pickaxe" <jawxml@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2003 07:24:00 +0000
Of course!

Thought that the sorting would be on the current node, but it is of course compared to the template selected nodes. Then it was just a fluke that I seemingly got the first level to function.

Thanks David and Americo for spelling it out to me.

And I hope that Chris Cole, the original poster, can also use this solution.

Ragulf Pickaxe :)

When defining what to use for sorting, you do so in the context of the nodes
being sorted - so where you have, in both cases:

<xsl:sort select="node/rank" data-type="number" order="ascending"/>

I think you should have

<xsl:sort select="rank" data-type="number" order="ascending"/>

With that change I think your code works fine.