RE: [xsl] checck if external xml is valid with xsl/javascript?

Subject: RE: [xsl] checck if external xml is valid with xsl/javascript?
From: "bryan" <bry@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 12:40:29 +0200
Well if you don't need to handle xml over http for that you can just get
have an extension function that does the typical load xml into dom,
check if there is an error, if error return value1 if not error return
value2, then check which it was before you go to document.

If you do need to get xml over http you would do something like
<msxsl:script language="JScript" implements-prefix="jsc">

function GetRest(xmldoc)
  {
var async = false;

    var xmlhttp = new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP.4.0");
    xmlhttp.Open("Get", xmldoc, async);
    xmlhttp.send(null);
    return xmlhttp.responseXML;

  }
</msxsl:script>
adding in appropriate error handling, with

<xsl:template match="testxhttp">
<value><xsl:copy-of select="jsc:GetRest('your http url here')"/></value>
</xsl:template>