RE: [xsl] (de)serialize between comments and node-sets

Subject: RE: [xsl] (de)serialize between comments and node-sets
From: "Andrew Welch" <AWelch@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:12:29 +0100
>   This morning, I just realized that I need to transform an element
into a
> comment in script A and then reverse that in script B. For example,

[snip]

> Is there an easier way?

Yes, don't wrap the markup in a comment!  Remember markup is meant to
mean something, so if you want to state that some part of the xml should
be ignored use something like:

<ignore>
  <foo>
    <bar/>
  </foo>
</ignore>

This way you can do what you wish using a template to match <ignore> -
treat it as a comment, treat it as markup its up to you...

If you actually want to write a comment in xml, use <!-- -->, if you
really mean anything else at all, use markup.

cheers
andrew