[xsl] How to speed up parsing ??

Subject: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??
From: Dipesh Khakhkhar <dkhakhkh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 19:15:50 -0400
Hi,

I would like to know how can i speed up parsing xml file.
I am having huge xml file (approx 30-50 MB). I have written xsl to get text
out it. I am getting it properly but it is taking lotta time.

I have used "apply templates " frequently to go to the respective node. As per
my knowledge "for-each" and "apply-templates" does the same thing and i assume
internally they must be working alike. WILL THERE BE SPEED ENHANCEMENT IF I
USE FOR-EACH INSTEAD OF USING APPLY_TEMPLATES.

Or if you do programatically the same thing will i be achieving speed
enhancement ??

My current xsl is drastically slow. Pls give me some hints and suggestion to
enhance performance of my xsl processing.

Eagerly waiting for reply.

Regards,
Dipesh