Re: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??

Subject: Re: [xsl] How to speed up parsing ??
From: "Simon Bretin" <simon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2003 10:00:02 +0200
Hello,

My understanding is that most of the XSLT Engines are using internal DOM
representation of your XML data, thus taking a lot of time compared to a SAX
representation. So the bigger the XML file, the bigger the DOM, and the
longer it takes to be built. Once the DOM is built I think that the regular
XSLT Engines are quite efficient doing their jobs.

The solution would be to use a SAX XSLT Engine (if your XSL is simple enough
this should work), but I don't know of any engine having such a mode.

Simon.