RE: [xsl] Disable-output-escaping within attributes using Xalan-J 2.5.1+

Subject: RE: [xsl] Disable-output-escaping within attributes using Xalan-J 2.5.1+
From: Jarno.Elovirta@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 14:28:56 +0300
Hi,

> The problem is that I need to be able to write JSP expressions within
> attributes:
>
>     <input type="text" value="<%= "Jsp Output Within Attribute" %>"/>
>
> I'm using Xalan-J 2.5.1 and I can't seem to get it together.
> I know that you can force saxon not to escape attributes
> (saxaon:disable-output-escaping) and I'm looking for a
> similar solution for
> Xalan.
> Any solutions (preferably non-hairy)?

Instead of output "<%=" and "%>" as JSP delimiters, output &#xE000; and &#xE001; (from Private Use Area) and either extend a Xalan serializer to replace those characters in attributes with the JSP delimiters, or post-process with sed/perl/omnimark to replace them. Or switch to Saxon.

Cheers,

Jarno - Funker Vogt: Black Hole (Live Version)