RE: [xsl] Where is the DTD for XSL

Subject: RE: [xsl] Where is the DTD for XSL
From: "Michael Kay" <mhk@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 13:42:08 +0100

> When we write an xsl, we get some error if the XSL is not
> proper. How the validation actually happens? Where is the DTD
> for XSL?

An XSLT processor validates an XSLT stylesheet in the same way as a Java
compiler validates a Java program. It doesn't need a DTD to do this: it
knows the rules. And there are many rules that could not be expressed in
a DTD, for example the fact that the value of the version attribute must
be numeric.

Michael Kay

Can any one tell me the logic behind > the process.