RE: [xsl] Automatically copying an element's attributes and their values

Subject: RE: [xsl] Automatically copying an element's attributes and their values
From: Mary McRae <marymcrae@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 18:45:54 -0400
Thanks, Ken (and David). Yes, the curly braces are
missing in the FAQ. Unfortunately with either
method, the attributes still aren't coming
through. My thinking is that because the element
being matched <para> in the source instance
doesn't appear in the output template; instead it
is replaced with <ns0:para> ... Or other ideas?

Mary

On Behalf Of
> G. Ken Holman
> Sent: Sunday, September 07, 2003 4:34 PM
> To: xsl-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: Re: [xsl] Automatically copying an
element's
> attributes and their values
>
> At 2003-09-07 16:13 -0400, Mary McRae wrote:
> >I would like to pass through attributes and
their
> >values without having to a) test to see if the
> >attribute has a value specified, and b)
explicitly
> >output the value.
>
> This can be done with the single instruction:
>
>    <xsl:copy-of select="@*"/>
>
> >I tried using the code submitted by Mike Brown
in
> >Dave Pawson's FAQ:
> >
> ><ns0:para>
> >         <xsl:for-each select="@*">
> >         <xsl:attribute name="name()">
> >                         <xsl:value-of
select="."/>
> >                 </xsl:attribute>
> >     </xsl:for-each>
>
> What is missing here is the attribute value
template.  The
> example above
> should be:
>
>     <xsl:attribute name="{name()}">
>
> The attribute value template causes the contents
to be evaluated.

> Either the example is wrong, or during
transcription the
> brace brackets
> were missed.
>
> I hope this helps.
>
> .............. Ken
>

> --
> Next public European delivery:  3-day XSLT/2-day
XSL-FO 2003-09-22
> Next public US delivery:        3-day XSLT/2-day
XSL-FO 2003-10-13
> Instructor-led on-site corporate, government &
user group training
> for XSLT and XSL-FO world-wide:  please contact
us for the details

mailto:gkholman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/
> Box 266, Kars, Ontario CANADA K0A-2E0
+1(613)489-0999 (F:-0995)
> ISBN 0-13-065196-6
Definitive XSLT and XPath
> ISBN 0-13-140374-5
Definitive XSL-FO
> ISBN 1-894049-08-X   Practical Transformation
Using XSLT and XPath
> ISBN 1-894049-11-X               Practical
Formatting Using XSL-FO
http://XMLGuild.info
http://www.CraneSoftwrights.com/s/bc