[xsl] XSL FO: Marker works nicely but takes extra space? code attached below - am i missing something ?

Subject: [xsl] XSL FO: Marker works nicely but takes extra space? code attached below - am i missing something ?
From: "SANWAL, ABHISHEK (HP-Houston)" <abhishek.sanwal@xxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2003 12:13:49 -0500
This is the template for the HEADER that retrieves a running header
using a marker in FO.
Attached below is the actual marker tag as well.

The issue I am facing should be trivial in nature but I am not getting a
solution.

The marker is retrieved and shown below a horizontal rule in the header
area. But for some odd reason there is TOO MUCH SPACE between the Black
Horizontal Rule and the running header retrieved as a marker.

I have tried changing the padding spaces, aligns, the margins and
everything else but am not able to currently decrease that gap between
them.
I am thinking that I am missing something about FO markers or the
knowledge of FO spacing & padding. ?? An expert please help out.

<fo:table-row>
<!-- Formatting Block for Header - LINE RULER -->
	<fo:table-cell border-bottom="4.5pt solid black"
display-align="before" number-columns-spanned="2"
padding-top="1mm"></fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

<fo:table-row>
<fo:table-cell>
<fo:retrieve-marker retrieve-class-name="Chapter-title"
retrieve-position="first-starting-within-page"
retrieve-boundary="page-sequence"/>
</fo:table-cell>
</fo:table-row>

</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

</fo:static-content>

The code above is for retrieving the running header (chapter name) below
a horizontal black line (rule) and showing it as a part of the static
header.

The code below is the actual marker:

<fo:flow flow-name="body">

<fo:block space-after="3pt" space-before="3pt">
<fo:marker marker-class-name="Chapter-title">

<fo:block text-align="left" font-family="Futura Md" font-style="italic"
font-size="12.0pt" padding-top="4mm" font-weight="100">
<xsl:value-of select="@Name"></xsl:value-of>
</fo:block>

</fo:marker>
</fo:block>