[xsl] Encoding while parsing

Subject: [xsl] Encoding while parsing
From: "Pramodh Peddi" <peddip@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 18:56:46 -0400
Hi,
This not specific to just xsl. It is concerned to xml Processors.

I am using JDOM API for xml processing. The xml string had "windows-1252"
encoding and it supports special characters like "registered mark",
"copyright", etc. The document is built fine, but the document has UTF-8,
because the parser (xerces/crimsons) is changing the encoding from
Windows-1252 to UTF-8.

And now, if I get the String from the just-created-document and again build
the document with the new String, it fails - because the encoding is no more
Windows-1252 but UTF-8.

It gives the same thing irrespective of I use Xerces or Crimsons.

Is there any way I can get away with this problem???

Please, this is urgent. It would be great if anyone can help me out of this
problem.

Thanks in advance,

PP.