RE: [xsl] Encoding while parsing

Subject: RE: [xsl] Encoding while parsing
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 17:43:47 +0200

I hate to say it, but in that case you're asking your question on the wrong
list...

However,

> I am using JDOM API for xml processing. The xml string had "windows-1252"
> encoding and it supports special characters like "registered mark",
> "copyright", etc. The document is built fine, but the document has UTF-8,
> because the parser (xerces/crimsons) is changing the encoding from
> Windows-1252 to UTF-8.

Check the API docs for JDOM, namely the XMLOutputter Object, and you will
notice that it provides the setEncoding() method, which I would expect to be
used for explicitly setting the output encoding of the XML Document.

http://www.jdom.org/docs/apidocs/org/jdom/output/XMLOutputter.html

Greetz,

Andreas