Re: [xsl] Lookup without document('') function

Subject: Re: [xsl] Lookup without document('') function
From: David Carver <d_a_carver@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 22:19:11 -0800 (PST)
Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 18:04:34 -0500
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

David,
>If you don't have a document() function, the only nodes your
>stylesheet
>can
>see are in the input source.
>
>If you can put your lookup table in there, that'll work; otherwise
>you're
>stuck.

Wendell, thanks for the response.  Technically I can probably put the
lookup table in the input source since I'm getting it back from a
Database Query.  One other question, is there any way to use XPath to
eliminate duplicates from a Node Set.  Since my XML I'm dealing with
looks something like:

<DGS>
   <BOOKMARKS>
       <TABLE>
           <BMTABLE>CMSCASE</BMTABLE>
       </TABLE>
       <TABLE>
           <BMTABLE>CMSCASE</BMTABLE>
       </TABLE>
       <TABLE>
           <BMTABLE>CMSCASE</BMTABLE>
       </TABLE>
       <TABLE>
           <BMTABLE>CMSCASE</BMTABLE>
       </TABLE>
       <TABLE>
           <BMTABLE>EMPREP</BMTABLE>
       </TABLE>
       <TABLE>
           <BMTABLE>EMPREP</BMTABLE>
       </TABLE>
   </BOOKMARKS>
</DGS>

Is there anyway to get a TABLE nodeset that would just return the
following using XPATH:

<TABLE>
    <BMTABLE>CMSCASE</BMTABLE>
    <BMTABLE>EMPREP</BMTABLE>
</TABLE>

I'll keep looking for an interface to a processor that supports the
document() function as that is the easiest way I can see in getting
this to work (the site this will be implemented on is using XALAN so I
don't have to worry about it when its in production).

=====
"...there is nothing stranger than people." - Anonymous