Re: [xsl] converting XML to XML problem

Subject: Re: [xsl] converting XML to XML problem
From: Wendell Piez <wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2003 15:15:49 -0500
Abhi,

If you compare the two examples, you will see that one has whitespace around the "&_amp;" character.

"&_foo;" (without the _) is an entity reference (assuming, of course, it's been declared as such). But

"&
     foo;"

is not.

The xsl:text instruction copies its data content to the output -- data content including whitespace. Whitespace is not stripped inside xsl:text; this is a feature. You need to mind that it doesn't create a bug.

Cheers,
Wendell