RE: [xsl] Outline a header

Subject: RE: [xsl] Outline a header
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:16:30 +0100

Well, could be that it actually is 'a' correct way of going about such a
layout, but when the processor you're working with does not
support/implement these features (or only partially)... there goes your nice
layout!

Don't worry, once you get used to it, you'll stumble upon lots of these
workarounds.

> I know i don' t do it the right way ;) That's i am trying to

As I said, your initial approach might well have been 'correct' according to
the spec (would have to catch up on my reading a bit... ), but, using Apache
FOP for example, you have to take into account that fo:leader is only
partially supported, so this particular effect can't be achieved in that
way.

> lay-out the page with tables
> 1 table for the header
> 1 table for the body-part.
> I think it is suitable, because it is just a "sort-of"
> spreadsheet with all data.

Well, seems like a perfect setup! Anyway: Have fun 'transforming'! :)

Cheerz,

Andreas