RE: [xsl] xsl:include

Subject: RE: [xsl] xsl:include
From: "Andreas L. Delmelle" <a_l.delmelle@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 14:12:51 +0100

This would indeed be conformant behaviour AFAIK.

> Now, do I need to start with the template match?
> Apart from other problems, is having the <xsl:template match="/">
> the same in both docs a problem?

Hmmm... not sure about this. Certainly never entered my mind to use two
xsls, both with a root template. The more 'correct' design I believe to be
one where the root template is in your main xsl. All other templates can be
placed in the other, included file (consider this an xsl lib file). If there
is name-clashing --meaning the two stylesheets contain templates that have
exactly the same <xsl:template match="..."> declaration; so no different
modes for instance -- the template in the main xsl will be used.

Hope this helps!

Greetz,

Andreas