Re: [xsl] xsl:include

Subject: Re: [xsl] xsl:include
From: Kevin Waterson <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 12:06:44 +1100
This one time, at band camp, "Joe Fawcett" <joefawcett@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Including a doc is the same as copy and paste, it's just means changes to
> include are automatically propagated. Normally if two templates match the
> same nodes with the same xpath and mode then the one last in document order
> has priority so you could try including after the main doc. I think that If
> you can alter the non-included doc then I believe you can set a lower
> priority on the necessary templates. Add priority="-1" to the one that
> matches root on the non-included stylesheet.

Thanks for your reply, I have been toying with a few things but still no cigar.
I have my doc1.xsl set with a <xsl:template match="/">
http://www.phpro.org/doc1.xsl

and the include xsl document with the template match as
<xsl:template match="/rootnode">

>From this I get the main doc1.xsl as the 'dominant' one and the doc2.xsl
is not displayed. If I change doc1.xsl to <xsl:template match="/rootnode">
and have doc2.xsl as <xsl:template match="/"> I get the second doc
showing and not the main one.

I gather from this that the if the match is "/" then It will take
precedence over /rootnode. Do I need to be using something else?

Kind regards
Kevin

--
 ______